View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
unregistered

Exclamation Need some help and advice

Hi Ellie,
The pathology report at Sloan in NY was "poorly differentiated invasive ductal carcinoma with extensive lymphatic invasion, Grade 3 solid DCIS comprising less than 10% of tumor." I'm not sure exactly what all that means. I have a solid, hard mass in my breast. When I was seen in clinic the oncologist deemed it IBC.

I did have nipple retraction for a time, but that has resolved with treatment. There have been no skin changes or ulcerations. Lymph nodes have decreased somewhat with treatment.

MD Anderson is characterizing it this way. "Invasive ductal adenocarcinoma with grade 3 DCIS. There is a question as to whether this represents inflammatory bc vs poorly-differentiated invasive ductal adenocarcinoma." In clinic Dr. C told me he was POSITIVE this was not inflammatory breast cancer. It is locally advanced breast cancer.

Chemotherapy probably would have been similar at either hospital, and my tumor response has not been good despite targeted drugs. Now I face the dilemma of what to do about surgery/radiation which will be critical since chemo hasn't done much to shrink but has kept it under control "stable."

Anything info would be appreciated ..... thanks to everyone who might post here for me.
Good health to all of us! Leslie