View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:54 AM   #87
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

This opportunity is for those who have attended a Little Pink Houses of Hope Retreat and have a child that is a High School Senior:

ANNOUNCEMENT THAT DIRECTLY IMPACTS LITTLE PINK ALUMNI FAMILIES
CHILDREN OF HOPE SCHOLARSHIP

Letter from Little Pink Founder, Jeanine Patten-Coble

Since the day I started Little Pink, I have known that our programming creates a feeling of a greater network of family among participants and volunstars. So many attendees have used the phrase, “We came as strangers, but we are leaving as Family” when describing their Little Pink experience. For years, the organization has been looking at just the right time to take on a big initiative to help support the extended Little Pink family, and the time is now!

Little Pink is happy to announce that we are establishing the Children of Hope Scholarship designed to help ease the burden of college expenses for children of our Little Pink Alumni! The Children of Hope Scholarship will be awarded for the 2018-19 school year and applications will start in January 2018 for graduating high school seniors! Since the scholarship will only be open to a small pool of applicants each year, we are excited about how we will be able to support Little Pink Alumni in a meaningful way. I know that this journey can be financially exhausting and we want you to know that Little Pink always wants to be a part of your life. We want to see your children reach their goals and achieve their dreams so that we can celebrate together!

To be honest, when I was recently notified of the CNN Hero recognition, I was a little leery about the fundraising aspect. Like many of you, the thought of having people donate money to my campaign was just a little strange and didn’t feel right. And then I saw it as a great opportunity to finally start the Children of Hope Scholarship! The CNN Hero recognition allows us a great opportunity to fund the scholarship..."
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote