View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
Chelee

Re: Any one hear from Vicki H. ?

Elaine,
I posted an update about Vickie not too long ago. She did break her hip in June. She was in the hospital for four wks and got to go home to a hospital bed they have set up for her in the front room. I'm sure they just let her hip heal since at this time they can't do any more for her. But she told me she was at home and comfortable. And as always she loves & misses us all. She didn't want anyone worrying about her. (That's our dear, sweet Vicky for you.)

As to the T-DM1...she did go out to a trial in Idaho I believe it was? I can't remember if TDM1 didn't work for her...or if they wouldn't allow her to stay in the trial due other medical issues. I've have to look that up? But she did try it..that much I do know. (If your out there and see this Vicky...sending you all my love!) Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote