View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #67
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

I dont' think I've posted since July....mostly because I have been "processing" In July I signed the 24 page informed consent for the clinical trial in immunotherapy at the MD Anderson Cancer center, but my insurance put up a stink and I had to fly back home until they settled the payment issues. The following week the PI notified me that the trial had been put on hold due to another trial that uses the same drug. There had been a glitch in the other trial and until they sorted it out, all trials using that drug were on hold. That was in July. In September I had another MRI and this time for the first time, there was clear indication of disease progression. So, I scheduled surgery for October 5th. And, on October 5th I underwent a very very large lumpectomy. (7.2 cm of DCIS) Fortunately for me, they didn't find any indication of invasive disease. I fully expected there to be an invasive component given the size and the speed at which it had grown from June to September (2.5 cm in three months). But? So unpredictable. My closest margin was 5 mm which was fantastic. Now I am in the process of deciding if I will have radiation therapy and if so, what kind.
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote