View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Lien

Re: Need to be able to...EAT!

You could try putting chicken stock, cooked vegetables and some meat in the blender to create a smooth bland tasting soup. Sip cold or hot. Put it next to you and take frequent sips. Some rice in the mixture could help too. Use wholegrain, in stead of white, as it has more nutrients.

Sip milkshakes through a straw, in a covered cup, so you don't smell the aroma.

Make sure you are distracted while eating. Talk to someone who understands, watch tv, read a book.

Try to go for a walk before eating or eat a few small bites while walking.

Get checked for food allergy or intolerance. Perhaps the foods you have been eating for a long time no longer agree with you. Try rare foods like quinoa, duck, manioc, alligator, ostrich.

Take supplements and don't worry too much about it.

When my cat had cancer, she was ravenous. The vet said that some cancers make you hungry because they use up all the energy from the food. At least you don't seem to be dealing with that problem.

For decades I had trouble trying to keep the weight on. I turned out to be food intolerant and on the right diet (for me) I gained some weight and have no trouble keeping it on. A trauma or illness can set off food intolerance.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote