View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Debra

Last year - post chemo and still on Herceptin, I went through a series of bladder infections as well.

I started drinking A LOT and I mean A LOT of water everyday. Always had water in my hand. I also stayed away from hot tubs and decreased my number of baths (I love to soak in the tub but only once a week or so is all I have time for)!

Since then, I have had only one bladder infection but was swimming in a lake just prior to. I just think some of us are more prone to bacteria.
In addition, I have had a hysterectomy and seems to me I heard once that may increase the risk of UTI's.
Anyhow, I know they say drink water but truly, a lot of water is the key.
Also, you can take those cranberry tablets but I love cranberry juice so I have that a couple of times a week as well.

Nothing fancy here for prevention and you I am sure have heard it all and maybe doing it all. Good think you had the kidneys checked out as with repeat UTI's, you want to make sure everything is fine there. Have they cultured your urine? If not, they should because it could possibly be the same infection, just a bacteria that needs a specific antibiotic.

Hopefully you will find some answers.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote