Thread: MUGA vs. echo
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
Grace

Dear Cheryl,

I too hate arrogant doctors, and stars. My first breast surgeon was both, and I moved on to another, after surgery. I never complained about her to anyone, least of all to her since I never got more than a few minutes of her time, but I have since discovered that she keeps asking everyone at my cancer center why I left her, including my new surgeon, who is not a star, but great nonetheless. The second surgeon, by the way, thinks it very funny that the star is canvassing everyone. The star even called me at home and left a message on my machine asking 'why?' (she has a staff of hundreds), so perhaps the arrogance is just masked insecurity. Just wanted to share!

My oncologist told me before I began chemotherpathy that although the rule is not to have needles in the affected side that if push comes to shove, it's okay. Of course, I only had two nodes removed, so that may make a difference. I haven't had to do this yet, but if and when the time comes (and it probably will), I will let them use that arm.

I hope your left arm improves very soon and that all your future echos bring good news. Let us know how it goes.