View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #1
LizzElliot

Forward to Post-Chemo Diet Plan...need help...

Hi Tanya and all,

Need help on my post-chemo diet plan...

I see the flaxseed posts, and the ongoing question of is it good or not. Due to conflicting information, my thought is to avoid it and try to find an alternative.
If the issue is getting Omega 3, what about chia seed? Does it have the same concern of estrogen?

In another post I saw someone allude to giving up dairy. Is this part of the plan? Shall I give up eggs? And baking with plain yogurt? Smoothies with a cottage cheese base for protein? I've recently found a milk that has double the calcium and protein and half the fat, which I thought was a step in the right direction as I don't drink milk often, may as well get the calcium doubled.

As for the greens and vegetables, I'm onboard and have been looking at lists for the *alkaline* veggies and fruits as my foundation. I've made note of the "dirty dozen", and I'm looking in to juicing. Does anyone out there juice? If so, would love to chat about that.

Now, the trick will be to give up meats. Are there guidelines there? Is it entirely, or just moderation, or certain types of meats/seafood? I would like to enjoy a steak or a burger here and there. Meats on a regular basis will be more an issue for my husband, so I expect we will still be preparing meals with meats, I'll avoid or limit them, and in the meantime, up the salads to tempt him toward more greens and smaller portions of meat.

Thanks for thoughts!
Lizz
LizzElliot is offline   Reply With Quote