View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #64
madubois63

I'd love to join in, but finances are just not available. If it were East coast, I could drive...

Just a suggestion for those in desperate need of a massage: Many schools offer free or very low cost massages and services to cancer patients. I have a spa that closes it's doors once a month and only opens up for cancer patients. Last month I got a hair cut (yup!) and a facial. This month I am sheduled for a massage and pedicure. The 2 sister's that own the place lost thier mom to lung cancer. Before my friend Maryann died this past spring, they even went to her house to massage and groom her. I found the place by word of mouth, but some places put flyers out at cancer centers or run adds in those little holistic newspapers. I found art, yoga, ti chi, reiki and other classes all free to cancer patients. Oh, I also found a local group that paid to have my house cleaned 10 times during treatments. You can contact CancerCare or The American Cancer Society too. They may be able to help find things, but I mostly read the little local papers and search on line.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver