View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #30
AlaskaAngel

Question Re: early Christmas present--10 yr overall & bc specific survival results just publis

As a HER2+++ 1.9 cm tumor patient who did chemotherapy, rads, and a very short run of tamoxifen and who remains NED at 12 years out, I wonder why there have been no clinical trials offered to me and those like me, to see if our tumors and genetics can help to identify any reasons that would then support a way to identify other patients who don't benefit from trastuzumab.

Likewise, I wonder why no doctors have created any trials for those who received a recommendation to do chemo and trastuzumab but have opted to do trastuzumab without chemo and who have remained NED, to review their tumor characteristics and genetics to see if that would provide actual proof, as opposed to failing to seek and utilize any information from such patients.

We are out there. I have never seen any indication that anyone ever suggested or tried to do it, in genuine practical support of those who do not get any benefit from these difficult and expensive drugs + all the support testing and medications they require.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote