View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
kk1

Hi Jessica;

While it is a concern, tiny lung nodules that wax and wane are not uncommon in “healthy” people so this could be nothing, and having reactive nodes 10 weeks post op is probably not that unusual either. From reading the Tykerb posts it sounds like it does impact quality of life although for most it seems to be tolerable and less harsh than some of the other choices. Since at the moment it is not clear that you have really progressed, I personally would wait and request the CTC test to give a little comfort while you wait out the 8 weeks. If the number of circulating cells are low then you probably don’t have too much to worry about but if it were high (>=5) then it might be suspected that the nodules are shedding met cells in which case you would want to jump on them. As everyone else said---this is just my opinion and I am not a doc.

It is great to hear that your latest scans are unremarkable! Our experiences seem to track each other, today I saw my first scans post liver resection and they looked great--- nice and clean but a bit strange to see only 1 lobe . They recently computerized everything at my center so they can now pull up all of the images right in the room and review them with the patients. It’s pretty cool. I learned/saw that I too have a tiny lung nodule that has been on all my scans since the beginning but my Oncologist believes it is nothing. I continue with the 3-week Herceptin with CTC’s every 9 weeks, and scans every 12 weeks. We would consider adding Tykerb if either the CTC or the scans suggest something is becoming active.

ps. I did go snow skiing 10 weeks post op (amazing) and I am just starting back to my competitive sailing too! Started working on my abs again with my Pilates video and of course I am back to work. Thanks for your encouragement pre and post surgery---is was very comforting to have talked to someone who had been though it before. btw- I also confirmed today that Dr. Pegram is moving to the “right” coast and joining the faculty here at UM this fall-- very exciting.Now I won’t even have to leave home for a second opinion. It amazes me how much high quality recuiting UM has been able to do recenty. Seems like every few weeks there is a new announcement.

take care

KK1
kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote