View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
sitkarose

Lapatinib(Tykerb)

This medication is available NOW under the compassionate usage program until approved for use in 2007. I know because I just got on it after lots of you know what. You must go to a site that participated in the original study or has applied to participate in the CUP. If you need further information about where to go let me know. The closest place for me to go was Sioux City, IA - 140 miles away but new centers are openning daily.......you just need to call and find out who is offering the program. There are 2 requirements ----Herceptin no longer works as evidenced by disease progression in soft tissue (bone does not count) and you cant have brain mets..but not to worry there is a program for those who do have brain mets. I can't believe that I was wishing for disease progression in nodes or some other organ....but the nurses at the center said it was well worth getting this medication. It is taken along with Xeloda which is also an oral medication. Please email if interested in any more information. mjhaug@yahoo.com. There are people going to sioux city from all over the us and europe but there may be a center closer. University of Washington and Swedish have applied and may be taking patients now
sitkarose is offline   Reply With Quote