View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #19
agness

Re: Working thread - what do you think the HER2+ standard of care should be really?

I want to see more comprehensive immune boosting work done on HER2 patients. I met another gal on BC-org and she had been trying to burn the candle at both ends with a small child to care for as well; her story sounded too familiar.

The problem is that oncology doesn't look to healing the patient, even as studies show that HER2 does have immunological roots that help it to be an easier target in some ways for immunotherapy.

But many of us are depleted and it doesn't show up in their CBC and they give us standard therapies that sometimes are poorly targeted (see above where logically I didn't need carbo), and taking the wrong things while not building up the system of the patient just weakens the body against the disease.

Magnesium is huge for healthy liver functioning and yet chemo and carbo deplete magnesium. Your liver is what helps support your fights cells in your immune system. Docs don't check and don't know how to restore magnesium.

We need to do everything to elevate the patient's immunity.

Improved gut function is important too. Chemo is way worse than antibiotics but I met others, even on TCHP who were told by their docs not to take probiotics. My naturopathic onc and a dear friend both said take a break the week you are doses and then use those two recovery weeks to restore. I took probiotics and ate probiotic foods. Recently I've added resistant starch, plus I take magnesium ongoing even though Zive been in range since June 2015.

The gut is important in magnesium and Vit D absorption, it is also critical in using zinc-based digestive enzymes to help bind ferritin the in gut for storage and use in the liver.

I have seen that it is gut-liver-pancreas dysregulation that is the cornerstone of this cancer. They have to shift their approach to be to heal patients bodies. This is science but oncology had completely shirked it.
agness is offline   Reply With Quote