View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #15
sonyabegonia

Re: Working thread - what do you think the HER2+ standard of care should be really?

Hi Agness, I have looked at posts and not commented for years. I have always felt like since I was just stage one that I would stay in the shadows, but I am beginning to sneak out a little!!
I was very frustrated from diagnosis that there was not more support about the particulars of Her2.
When initially diagnosed, a friend of mine from middle school got in touch. She was SO helpful and had completed her surgery and treatment for stage 3B Her2. My friend was such a support and made clear to me that her cancer would recur. It has and in a big way. Brain, liver, and bone mets. She is an amazing friend and has done everything possible to beat this disease.
Together, even before her recurrence, we sought out additional guidance regarding diet, supplements, lifestyle changes. I have always come to this site for information.
I will never forget scheduling an appointment with a nutritionist at a breast cancer support center in Atlanta. I was thrilled to have found it and was looking SO forward to my appointment. The nutritionist pulled out the food guide pyramid. I kid you not. That was all she offered. Well, and to walk 30 minutes every day.
Eventually, my friend found an integrative professional with expertise in Chinese medicine in Atlanta (Piedmont Hospital) and we have both gone to him. I am very happy to have something else I can do in the way of supplements to decrease the possibility of a recurrence.
Scared that watching the CA 27-29 number is not enough.
You guys are so special and this site means so much to me. I speak for the many others that have never posted, although they depend on your advice so much!
Add'l surgery for clear margins
ER+/PR+ 95%
Her2+++
Chemo TCH Started August 2012
Radiation began February 2013
Tamoxifen - almost 3 years
Arimidex - began December 2015
sonyabegonia is offline   Reply With Quote