View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
KayeR

Re: Hospital AGAIN! But you'll never guess why!

Denise - I remember asking me breast surgeon one time about being able to handle all the responsibilities of my job(I'm also a school teacher) while on treatment and he said something to the effect of that the breast cancer organization would help me fight any battle I needed with work issues. He said that if I couldn't handle my job of teaching, that they (my work) would need to find another job for me while I was in treatment and that the breast cancer organization would go to war for me if needed. So, maybe an option would be to contact the breast cancer organization to see if they might be able to help you fight for the 4 or so days of treatment you need. I'm not sure how or who to contact - maybe someone else on here would know that, but I remember this conversation with my surgeon clearly even though its been 13 years ago. I tucked the conversation away in my memory bank thinking I might need to use it someday. Thought it might be worth mentioning. Good luck!! Kaye
11.5 years later.....mets to lungs. ER and Her 2 positive
8/2011 - Tamoxifen, Zoladex
3/2012 - tamoxifen, Zoladex and Herceptin
6/2012 - scan showed stability and some reduction
9/2012 minus tamoxifen add Femara. (Due to increase of symptoms) Still on Zoladex and Herceptin
10/2012 Adding Perjeta. Continuing with Herceptin and Zoladex
11/2102 Added taxol due to percardial effusion
KayeR is offline   Reply With Quote