View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
Lien

Re: Could use a little encouragement .....

Hi Mary Jo,
Another good trick is to change just three things in your diet. For instance: no more deserts, eat a piece of fruit in stead. No more sugary drinks. No more second helpings; just normal sized helpings. Or no more readymade foods. Things like that. If you do that, you gradually lose weight and you will be able to stick to the diet more easily. A friend of mine only has cake or sweets when someone has a birthday, but she comes from a small family, so that really helped.
The hardest thing about dieting is, sticking to a healthy diet after you lost weight. A friend of mine has stopped eating simple carbs altogether, and without dieting she lost 25 pounds. She now allows herself one small portion of simple carbs a day, but she gained back a little weight, as it is very addictive for her.

I lost lots of weight when I became allergic to lots of foods. I don't eat grains, dairy, beef, pork, nuts, chocolate or grapes. Nor can I tolerate herbs, spices and additives. Just salt, garlic and cilantro.
I stay slim that way, but it's easy for me, because I become very sick when I eat those other foods. Even ended up in the ER two years ago. So I stick to a diet of fish, poultry, lots of vegetables and fruits and some pulses and beans. My only starchy foods are quinoa, buckwheat and amaranth. If I cheat, I get punished immediately. People feel sorry for me, but really, it's the best way to stick to a healthy diet. And there are plenty of things to enjoy!

Another option would be to have a look at Dr. Mercola's site. He does carry on about things and I don't always agree with him, but he has a great foodtype test and a list of foods that are good for you, including meal plans.

I hope you will find the strength to start eating a diet that's good for you and that makes you feel good. And sometimes injuries heal a whole lot better when you eat right. So perhaps that toe of yours will heal faster with the right diet.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote