View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #11
TanyaRD

Re: New US Obesity Numbers

AA,
The MedGem should account for the changes you have experienced as it is calculated based on your body chemistry specifically, however, there are errors that can occur rendering the test inaccurate. A repeat test would be beneficial. We know that women who have had breast cancer AND chemotherapy gain more weight than those who have had surgery +/- radiation but it is not known why at this point. It is theorized that activity decreases more due to increased frequency of appointments plus increased fatigue from treatment but I don't think anyone is fully convinced by this theory. The interesting thing is that we don't see this trend in other diseases managed with chemotherapy. I haven't had a chance to fully read the article Jackie posted but agree that the use of Metformin in breast cancer/overweight and obesity is very intriguing due to insulin resistance and possible improvement in weight management.

I hope the interval training helps and I look forward to an update after you see your RD.
TanyaRD is offline   Reply With Quote