View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #20
sarah

Re: Update from me - C-Diff Colitis

Well Cool hope you continue to lick this problem and your cancer.
Thanks for all the info on this disease. As a member of a Cancer Support Group, we often visit people in hospital and I must say I thought "washing" the liquid antiseptic hung on patient's entrance was enough to keep our hands germfree. I am however a great believer in hand washing and not using anti-biotics thanks to having a father who was a doctor. In France, they used to over prescribed anti-biotics and I was always refusing them explaining my father had drilled into me they were only to use as a last resort or sometime you'd really need them and they wouldn't work. France happily has come to realize this and doesn't do it anymore. The hospitals here are super clean and they are fanatical about wearing masks and gloves when injecting you and gloves for most things but of course hospitals are full of germs and if workers aren't made to realize the importance of sterilization, it's hopeless - cleaners, everyone has to know that.
Paula, where do you find those jokes!!! I want to send them to my oncologist friend in LA, he needs some jokes!
health and happiness
have a great new year
get well, stay well
love sarah