Thread: Need input!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #51
Juls

Re: Need input!

Need input again!!

Had a CT on 11th Oct. This morning (12th) got call from my Nurse. Radiographer urgently looking for me yesterday immediately after my CT.. Problem again with my right Femur. Told her no calls so Rad consultant didn't try very hard!!
Met in Femur now requires intervention!! Scan sent to Ortho Consultant & they will phone later!!

I got a call a few hours later from Oncologists Registrar. She said " We want to keep you going for a while yet!" Bone needs to be "nailed" asap. Can you go to your local hospital tonight for operation tomorrow.
This call happens while I am in Wedding dress shop with my Daughter.
The shop is 21/2 hours from my home!!
What should have been a lovely day ruined!! The Doctor knew I was away from home. I told her a bit difficult to get back before 5pm! I was then told Orthopaedic Surgeon was going to call me in next 15 minutes. Sure enough phone goes again and same Doctor tells me that Ortho. Surgeon now saying I don't have to go tonight. It can wait and they will see me at their clinic on Tuesday.
So here I am in the middle of a Bridal shop - where I burst into tears. In front of my Daughter and a Lady I have just met! Can my day get any better!!

The Doctors are suggesting "putting a nail through bone" (bone has a fracture) to stabilise it. Doctor told me this was preventative treatment not curative. I am disappointed by this and feel that this is not enough. The area of bone affected is just below ball at top of femur. A tricky area!
Has anyone had this treatment? Any suggestions.
My head is telling me femur/hip joint should be replaced but have been told that this is not done in Scotland for mets patients!!
Don't think I'll sleep tonight.

All thoughts/suggestions welcome!!

Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote