View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
KsGal

Re: Needed some advice

NanaJoni described it to a T. Everything did taste like drywall! I couldn't think of that at the time, so told my family everything tasted like flour. Like her, ice cream and milkshakes and things of that nature did seem to taste much better. I also used the Boost shakes and kept them really cold. I drank them with a straw and they were a real treat for me. As far as the Herceptin, it was nothing like the chemo at all. I had very few side effects with the Herceptin. I did have some nail changes. They got weak and would bend and break easily. Also had the runny nose that was just about like water. Never knew when it was going to start pouring out of my face, so had to carry Kleenex everywhere I went because it could get a bit embarassing out in public! When I went to Herceptin only, I was able to work my normal schedule at work with pretty much no change in how I felt at all. Big hugs to you and lots of prayers.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote