View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
snolan

Re: Herceptin Weight Gain?

I had a weight drop at the time I started the Tamoxifen but I also stepped up my workouts, switched to cross fit 3x wk and during the summer months I can add an addition bike ride in on Sat. But my Dr did warn me that most people tend to gain some weight. Some may be due to the hormone changes our bodies are going through but for some it may be more psychological and how they are responding to the whole cancer situation. They may be eating more exercising less.

Like you mentioned it may be the change in your diet as your body gets used to it. If you have changed your workout you may be experiencing a change in that as you lose fat and gain muscle the lean muscle weighs more. Something to think about.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote