Thread: Ctc?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
Lani

Re: Ctc?

GDPAWEL--I THINK THE INFO YOU RECEIVED AT THE 2009 MEETING IS DATED.

MANY PAPERS QUOTE ANY CTCS AS ABNORMAL, BUT OF COURSE IT DEPENDS ON THE TECHNOLOGY UTILIZED, WHICH IS EVOLVING

AT ASCO in June I frequented a booth of a company which is utilizing a non-magnetic technology to isolate the tumor cells and then phenotyping them (ER,PR, her2 status etc determined on the INDIVIDUAL cells) and said they would be available for the general public (and inferred FDA approved) within one month (that should be this upcoming week!)

Most papers correlate ctcs with treatment response and/or progression only in stage IVs, but some are using them to try to determine if adjuvant treatment in early stagers was efficacious.

Various platforms are being developed--besides the Veridex/J&J tehcnology based on magnetic beads with EpCam, there is the Adnar test (uses three antigens/markers), the Dana-Farber/Mass General technology, the Magnasweep technology developed by Stefanie Jeffrey at Stanford and this new technology--will try to unpack my long not-unpacked bag with handouts from ASCO and get the company name--among others.

Hope this helps!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote