View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Danielle

Lightbulb About Our Wonderful HER2 Support Community -- Where We're Going From Here

Hi, everybody. First off, thank you so much for all of the kind thoughts and prayers, and all of the lovely words you shared with us both here on the website and in his service's guestbook. I know many of you weren't able to attend, but just know that this group's outpouring of love was very much a presence when we laid him to rest last week. It's a very, very sad time for me, my mom, and sister, but with your support, we're given a reminder of just how much he was able to change the world that surrounds us. He was able to achieve so much. He lived a life I know he's proud of.

HER2support.org isn't going anywhere. My mother (a.k.a the founder of this group, Christine) has been actively corresponding with several of those on the board of directors to figure out who would be able to manage the site's 'inner workings'. We still plan on having some of us attend the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium this year, and I know she's been talking about hosting some sort of teleconference with both the board and those of you interested in getting more involved concerning our next decisions as an organization. But those of you that were nervous that this is the end of HER2 Support Group, just know that Daddy always told me that it was all of YOU that kept this website going. Continuing to share your stories and reach out to support the others that come to this site is very much the fuel and heart of this group, and so long as we have that, I guarantee we'll be here to make sure this site keeps running.

Big hugs,
Danielle (and Christine!!)
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote