View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #15
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Had diagnostic mammo on Friday and didn't see any new calcifications. The ultrasound had been cancelled as "unnecessary" but I put up a fuss and demanded one be done. Under the ultrasound found two lesions one of which is "concerning" and am now scheduled for TWO ultrasound guided biopsies on Monday. The "concerning" lesion is in a different place in the breast. Need less to say I'm a little stressed, especially since when I had the first stereotactic biopsy back in October, I developed a HUGE hematoma measuring 3.5 in x 1.5 in x 1.5 inches. That sucker hurt!

So, I'm not only worried about the likelyhood of invasive cancer in a different portion of my breast but I am also concerned about the biopsy itself.

The most concerning (and stressful) part of this is that I have constant pain from the previous biopsies. I mean constant and I take ibuprofen three times a day just to deal with it (yes I know not to take it before biopsy). I really thought the pain was invasive cancer, but the mammo and ultrasound says otherwise. The pain is not located in the area of the lesions and I was told that the pain must be as a result of the previous biopsies. I do have a history of pain after insults to my body! When I had my hysterectomy I developed a "rare but known" reaction and I have constant pain as a result....even these 7 years later. Isn't this just great? Imagine what a mastectomy would do to my pain level? Really afraid of the pain. I'm actually not as afraid of the cancer as I am of the pain!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote