View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
swanky

Hi Karen - sorry about the late reply, was away from the boards! The info you have is correct...and they are still accepting people for the breast cancer arm of the study. The ovarian is completely full. The studies are starting to spread across the US...San Francisco just opened one and I think MD Andersons have some. You can be any stage I think as long as you have 'failed' previous chemo and had a recurrence whether local or distant. I know one of the women has lung mets and another with liver mets trying to get into the study. Just no new primaries with the exception of BC i think. My onc is Dr. Gregory Sarna and he is a co investigator in the trial...you can google his name and get his number. He loves this trial and is really excited about it.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer. I can give you my number...just pm me.

Happy thanksgiving!

Leea
-Bi lat 1/18/07, multiple foci of IDC admixed with DCIS, IDC varied from 0.1, 0.5, and up to 1.6 cm, 1/19 + nodes
Expanders in place
Pregnant when dx
Mom to 4 beautiful kiddos (boys: 5 and 14 mos, girls: 17 and 3)

Recurrence in neck lymph node and 8mm spot in L breast above expander, herceptin stopped
BRCA 1 positive
Clinical trial since 7/23/07 (PARP INHIBITOR)-NED for 9 months, supraclavicle node popped back up,..so we cut it out! Full neck dissection - only 1 positive node ER/PR negative and now HER2 negative
Currently on Xeloda and NED
swanky is offline   Reply With Quote