View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #146
gin-tx

Date of diag, stage, treatment current status

This is my second episode of bc, I had bc in 1995, had lumpectamy followed by radiation, no chemo. Then in Feb of this yr discovered a problem with other breast, went to gyn, who sent me to a breast surgeon. Had biopsy in late April, he thought everything looked good, called me 3 days later it was malignant, had sentinel node procedure and wider margins, first lymph node removed was malignant, other tissue clean. During course of tests had bone scan, something showed up, had MRI, had tumor on spine that was malignant, changed status to metistatic grade IV. When I saw onc he called radiation oncologist who was on vacation but due back that week-end. He called me to come in on Mon to start treatment, had 18 radiation treatments to spine, lungs (tumor pressing on lungs) esyphogus affected, could not eat well, spicy foods hurt, not fun. Am doing herceptin and aridia treatments every 3 weeks. Still having lots of problem with back, cancer ate thru tissue at T3, only solution is spinal fusion and not recommended with chemo, healing a problem, infection high risk. So I just live with it, take pain meds when I need them, and hope it will get some better in time. Thanks for your concern and keep me informed of your progress.

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote