View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
tricia keegan

Thanks Hopeful, I think so too and maybe more women should be encouraged by their Dr's to make the time to do more. I also take calcium and vit d (when I remember) and although I took fosamax for a short while I stopped it due to nausea and tummy issue's.
I'm fortunate I live next to a beach so walking really does'nt seem like a chore

laurel, while I would'nt find fault with your healthcare of those of any country I beg to differ with your assumption. Healthcare can differ a lot from country to country within Europe and speaking for myself I'm told by my american friends I had the "gold standard" of care as they know it. The difference being I did'nt pay a penny for mine and still don't to this day. We've had discussions before on this here so I've no wish to bring up another but I felt you should know that some universal healthcare works extremely well.
I gave up my job when dx and hubby lost his business shortly after, I shudder to think what I'd have done if I lived anywhere else and had to pay insurance/health costs.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote