View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
kcherub

Debbie,

As always, your thoughts and comments are appreciated--they add to an already interesting discussion.

I think that those of us who found our cancer initially through a BSE are, of course, going to be pro-BSE. No matter what the research says, I am still going to ask my friends to "feel themselves up". I find it hard to believe that it would have been just as fine for me to be diagnosed with a larger tumor (say at my next GYN appt.). I do know what the stats are, but still...you know?

I don't go the "chart in the shower" route for my BSEs, but I do know what is there and will know if something comes up that shouldn't be there. We are years away from younger women getting imaging, and probably too much longer for those of us without a strong family history.

Oh--the unregistered posts may have been from members who are just unable to log in. I have had that happen several times in the last few months, and just ended up not posting instead of posting as "unregistered".

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote