View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
Sandy H

Christine thanks for sharing this information. You and Joe have been a big part in keeping me up to date on this disease! I am not sure if I would still be here if it wasn't for you both. The Her2 support has been my life line sent by God. Even my husband tells his friends this. This disease is changing I can see it in the 5 years I have been on this journey and that is HOPE for us all! New drugs are working, word is getting out, people need to know the symptoms and get them checked out ASAP! Even my oncologist asks me questions and is always comparing info with me. He is very anxious for Tykerb to get released and tells me I will probably be the first to know and I told him I think Joe and Christine will be!!! He said he wished all his patients were as proactive his job would be much easier especially the IBC'ers where no two patients are the same. I am looking forward to this forum and hoping to meet more IBC'ers. Again thanks Christine and I can hardly wait to see what is new in San Antonio this year. May God Bless you and Joe as you are on a wonderful mission here. hugs, Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote