Thread: Zolodex
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
Lien

Re: Zolodex

Hi, I was on it for 5 years and didn't find it to be much of a problem. The time-release capsules look quite large, but I actually hardly felt them usually. At least, when the right doc was doing the shots. And the times when I did feel them, it was over in a sec. so not much of a problem. Really, I'd much rather have these shots than chemo!

After the 5 years, my periods returned, even though I was over 50 at the time, which was a bummer. I'll be 56 tomorrow and they have stopped about two years ago, I think. I decided against the ooph because my tumor was tiny and my risk of recurrence seemed small.

I am tall and skinny with low bone density, so I figured a bit of hormones wouldn't be so bad for my bones. But we are all different and we have to make our own choices. I've heard the ooph is a breeze. So you won't have to have 5 years of Zoladex shots, like I did ;-))

I'm sure you'll do fine with these shots. Oh, and one time the needle hit a vein and I had a huge bruise on my stomach. Didn't hurt though, and I just waited for it to go away. So if that happens, don't freak out.

Hope you breeze through your treatments too and never, ever have to deal with cancer again.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote