View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
KirisMum

Help - Talk me down!

Kiri has been doing so wonderfully lately--through her chemo and radiation and on Herceptin every three weeks and very active and happy, getting her life back, traveling - and I was just starting to let my guard down and relax. We are set to go on a family cruise in January to celebrate. Then today she called me and casually mentioned during our conversation that she is going in on Thursday for her annual mammogram (on her other breast, which was absolutely clean at the time of her initial diagnosis last October (2010), and she may have to do an MRI because now her (good) right breast is very lumpy and there are at least a few definite lumps. She blames it on the tamoxifen but nowhere can I find any connection between tamoxifen and increased breast lumps. I am so scared she is going to have to deal with a new cancer. I know I really can't do anything but wait until she gets a better idea on Thursday after her mammo/MRI, but I feel like I've been catapulted right back into that awful limbo of waiting we went through last October.

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of tamoxifen CAUSING lumps? Surely with all the chemo and stuff she has been through in the last year she could not have developed cancer in her good breast so quickly? Unfortunately I know all too well that cancer's real threat is its unpredictability. :-((

I will keep you all posted when I find out more. Prayers appreciated in the meantime...
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote