View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
DeenaH

Re: Vaccine "cures" Her2 in mice

Hi Cat,

Here is her email address: weiw@karmanos.org

Her email to me was very personal and very nice. She inquired about my spirits. I can tell she cares greatly about what she is doing. Her specific reason for not being in clinic with this is that the "regulatory and financial challenges are significant". Obviously it isn't just money. So frustrating!!

I have been thinking a lot about her response since I got her email a few weeks ago, and have been wondering what I can do to help bring funding to this particular thing. Maybe I will email her to ask her. I have no experience on how to do it, but would love to start a grass roots movement. I just walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and even Susie's sister started somewhere. I just wish I knew where to start!

Deena
August 20, 2010: PET/CT showed no cancer in any nodes, and only a little uptake to the breast.
September 9, 2010: Bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction with implants and Alloderm.
September 16, 2010: Pathology report showed 18/51 positive axillary nodes, 3.2cm tumor. Granual sized cancer found in the fatty tissue between levels 1 and 2.
October 19, 2010: CT showed several spots on lungs and 1 spot on liver. Liver spot is 2mm, lung spots range from 2mm to 4mm. We don't know if they are cancer or not.
12/15/10: Brain MRI clear
1/7/11: PET/CT
1/13/11: Recurrence in lungs. Start Tykerb
5/13/11: Progression in lungs
6/3/11: Lung surgery to get tumors for chemosensitivity testing.
DeenaH is offline   Reply With Quote