View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Mary Anne in TX

Re: Does the anxious feeling ever leave

Good Morning Dawn!
I'm not sure the "shoe drop" ever really leaves, but it gets easier with each year! Because I'm raising my granddaughter by myself, I so understand you wanting to be there for your kids. So normal. I'm even coming along in that area, knowing that whatever life deals her, my part in it is right now...I'm trusting the next teacher, whether 2 years or 20, will be just the right one for her then. But it's taken me lots of sleepless nights and worrying hours to get there. And I slip off the "trusting stool" often. I just get right back on. God keeps on opening doors!
Getting back into life is different after a cancer diagnosis, I think, but it's not only possible, but can be even better in so many ways. I choose more wisely, I buy more wisely, and I spend my time more wisely. I love more sincerely and walk away when necessary.
You will get better! Get out the door even when you have to push yourself. It's the bestest medicine! People help us create our life and the more you "rub elbows" with them, the faster you will heal from the fears. When you need to curl up and reflect do it, but jump right back out the door when done.
You can do this new life. It's different and often difficult, but I find it also filled with joys and blessings.
ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote