View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #20
Mgarr

Ok, was going to keep quiet but I CAN'T.

I was ER/PR- (no AI's) and I have some serious joint inflammation. It began in my thumb (this is not meant to scare) and then wrists, elbow etc. Apparently(I say this because I had no idea) I had some arthritis in my hip at my first bone scan but 2 months after finishing chemo/herception I began severe hip problems only to have a total hip replacement. Shortly after my hip surgery every joint in my body swelled up to the point where I could barely move.

After my treatments I would swell put on weight not sure anyway i was much heavier for 3-4 days until I flushed it all thru but after hip surgery it became a permanent severe state.

This inflammation may be from being forced into menopause, or the combined effect of all treatment on my immune system I just don't know. It is just strange that so many of us are having joint pains.

Both my mom & mother-in-law have been on Tamoxifen with no complaints of joint or bone pains. My mom finished her 5 yrs. Tamoxifen and started Femara and began severe joint pains, she went off it they went away, tried again same problem. At this point I believe the dosage has changed and she seems to be okay.

Just my ramblin' 2 cents.

Mary

Diagnosed 11/04 @39yrs. young
Stage IIB
2.5 cm, ER/PR- Her+++, grade 3
Partial Mast., 1/3 pos. node
1/05 full node dissection
4 A/C 4 Taxol DD, Herceptin 1 yr.
30X rads.
BRCA Negative
NED

Hope is the thing with feathers