Thread: Apigenin/Apigen
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
TanyaRD

Re: Apigenin/Apigen

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I have reviewed the articles and find your question to be very interesting and wish I could give you a solid answer. However, it is very early research and not human studies so it is very difficult to apply these findings in the human population, although I agree it warrants further research.

I have searched for apigenin content in foods but could not find anything. There are no data on plasma concentrations in humans either. Based on all that we know of the benefits of fruits and vegetables (including those that contain apigenin) I don't believe it would be wise to eliminate those foods. I think it is important to keep in mind the synergy of food. In these studies they are looking at one very small component of food that has been removed from its natural environment with other phytochemicals. It is possible that it may behave one way in the presence of other phytochemicals and another way on its own. This reminds me very much of whole soy vs. genistein.
TanyaRD is offline   Reply With Quote