View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #9
IrvineFriend

Re: KNOWINGS, Expectations and Assumptions

Andi,

I'm really curious. Have you always had this sort of thinking, before your diagnosis? I re-read your posts again tonight because I really believe in what you conveyed in your words. I was going through a very difficult time awhile ago, and I imagined the outcome was a done deal and miraculously, it worked out marvelously (I watched The Secret a couple times a week just to keep focused on that kind of thinking). I'm facing a very big challenge now at work and I tell people at work that I think it's going to go great and we'll be just fine. What I really found in your words is that you live this way of thinking when you said:

"Keeping copies of all my blood work and every report, for MY records and purposes of careful scrutinizing -- cause no body loves me more than me! And no doc has the time to devote to analyze all my info. I don't take it personally. I just determined long ago to personally participate in my own wellness!"

You did not say "treatment", but you used such a positive word!!! A word that we all seek.

Thanks again Andi. Ladies, if you take the time to read these posts above, I believe your life will only be for the better if you try to apply these principles. I believe "The Secret" was a best seller and Andi has condensed it down to something specific to us in our "wellness" journey. I love that I learn so much from all of you and even though my treatments have ended, you teach me a better way of living.

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote