Thread: My News
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
fullofbeans

Re: My News

Jml thank you so much for all of your advice!!!! I can see you know exactly what I am going throu.. I had a good friend wedding to go to in France which would have been lovely and a long break in my fight/anxiety but my bottom prob is stopping me, the idea to be away from home (and warm bath tub) is overwhelming.

Same: the hyperactive gastrocolic reflex (did not know the name, thanks) sometimes a simple bite of food and I would be in spasm/pain/ diarrhea..but like you if I don't eat I am fine (I have lost 10 pounds recently),I am now checking the scale to see if I am not getting underweight..

Does oxycotin work for you? I take tramadol but it does not help even 5 in few hours did not help (figuring i was not absorbing it). if I could have a way to stop the excrutiating pain I could go to the wedding and eat very little/high calory/fatty (i.e little BM) when i do not have the Hyp Gcolic reflex because of the fissure it still very painful..even with no diarrhea.

I know what you saying about getting that sorted but it would delay lungs treatment and like I said one of the tumour is threatening the lining.. don't think i can take the chance.

schoolteach: I have had 2 treatments already.., the last one last Friday. google PTACE/Frankfurt/Vogl for papers and info.

Cyberknife yes you can have more than one lung nodules treated but each is treated separately..I.e. the beam of radiation only treats one area per session..I would think depending on the size of your tumours you can treat 2 to 3 nodules (but check). The number of sessions will vary on tumour size how big are they?

Also if you just have a few tunours around 2-6cm also consider cryosurgery (even having both cyb and cryo not mutually exclusive..), because cryo has more immune response it seem. I beleive that is why my lymph node is not growing, i sometime get sharp pain in it which i take as a good sign that my body is attacking it. Never felt it when it was 2cm.. lots of dead cell with all the antigens act a bit like a vaccination in some cases.

All: thanks for you encouragement. I do not tend to posts about me (but i do about research) when it is going bad just the way I am I suppose.

X

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote