View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #15
Deb

Dear Christine,

Here are my responses to your questions. Thanks for bringing this up. I've been feeling the fool lately due to the words that just won't come without providing detailed definitions to those around me. Its up to those of us on Herceptin to advise the Doc about the side effects as they don't really have the entire 411 on these yet.

Have you found it increasingly hard since starting on herceptin by itself to:
1) find the names of things when you speak to other people? YES
2) find the names of things when you are writing? YES
3) put words in the right order in a sentence? No

4) Do you increasingly describe objects rather than put names to them? For example, you might call a hat 'something to put on your head? YES
5) Do you do sudoku or otherwise work with figures? If so, do you find it increasingly hard to work with numbers since you started on herceptin by itself? NO
6) Do you find it increasingly hard to understand what you have read? NO

General herceptin-brain questions:
1) Do you find it increasingly difficult to concentrate since you started on herceptin by itself? YES
2) Do you find it increasingly difficult to motivate yourself since you started on herceptin alone? (Yes, for the first 3 months, turned around in month 4, much better in month 5)
3) Are you increasingly depressed or anxious while on herceptin (since these conditions might be root causes of some people's problems)? (Yes, for the first 3 months, turned around in month 4, much better in month 5)

4) Do you suffer increasingly from insomnia since you started on herceptin by itself? NO

Have you come off herceptin? Not yet, December 15 is the end of Herceptin for me.

Thanks,
Deborah
Dx 7/05
Lumpectomy/Sentinel Node Biopsy 8/05
IDC, 9 + nodes of 9 taken, ER-/PR-, HER2+++
AC-T/30 RADS/Herceptin 1x/3wk
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote