View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
Berta

My tumor was Her2 +++ and ER/Pr-. I don't know about the herceptin brain. I just finished herceptin three weeks ago. I do have trouble with numbers sometimes but then I never was very good with numbers. I love to read but have noticed I'm not interested in reading now. I don't know if its a concentration problem or just can't find anything that interests me.

What I DO know that I've had with herceptin is hot flashes and insomnia. This has been a major problem. Dr. finally put me on a combination of Effexor in the morning and Klonipin at bedtime and this has really helped. I also have running nose and just a lack of energy. Having said that I also have a new job that is very demanding so I don't know if the energy is herceptin related but the insomnia and the hotflashes definitely are. I also have muscle cramps (feel like charlie horses in places I didn't know you could have charlie horses (abdomen, chest, toes, back, hands. I think that is herceptin related. At least I hope so. I am very glad that I was able to take the herceptin but I don't think its the side-effect free drug we were told in the beginning.

Having said all of this, if the doc wanted me to keep taking it longer, I wouldn't hesitate so I guess it really wasn't as bad as I've made it sound. BERTA
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote