Thread: Lolly's Story
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
Lolly

Hi Carolyn; Sorry not to respond sooner, but thanks for the kind words. I really don't feel brave so much as extremely lucky, knowing what I now know about cancer...I was very foolish not to seek treatment sooner. Anywho, it's still early days on this trial, only Phase I-II, but yes, I feel the doctors are optimistic as they have some very good data coming out on the '96 trial with this same vaccine, Stage IV women NOT on Herceptin, 38% five year survival stats! I hope if this makes it into Phase III that there will be locations around the country and you will be able to get in on the vaccine. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

<3,
Lolly

Diagnosed Sept. ’99 at age 45, Stage III B Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER/PR neg HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed in 2004 by FISH. LMR Mast., AC/T, 33 Rads, finishing tx for primary disease in summer 2000. Diagnosed Stage IV in January 2001, started Herceptin/Navelbine. NED (No Evidence of Disease) by August 2001! Continued on Herceptin Maintenance. RS Mast. in April 2002. After 2&1/2 yrs.of remission, recurrence in 2004. Participated in UW/Seattle vaccine trial in 2005, radiation (37) to right axilla in fall of 2006. Have had 3 recurrences to local, regional and distant lymph nodes since January 2001. Herceptin has been the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy, with first Navelbine, then Xeloda and now Gemzar added to acheive remission or stable disease, while maintaining great quality of life!

Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote