View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #49
Laya6680tx

Re: Neratinib Clinical Trial

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to get into contact because I recently started the Neratinib trial (7 days ago) and have also experienced severe side effects. Dehydration to the point that I had to leave work on my second day of a new job to get IV fluids from my onco nurses.

I was told to stop taking the pills until my stool is back to normal, then I will start taking 5 pills instead of 6. Initially my onco had me inject myself with an anti-diarrhea med because the Lomotil and Immodium did nothing to stop the floodgates after they were opened. Apparently, this injection (which stopped the diarrhea completely), isn't something they are using on the study to treat the side effects. So, I must start lowering the dose.

As it is, I don't eat meat; I cut out all dairy before I started because I was told what it may do to my system, so as far as diet goes, I'm pretty much existing on rice/beans and fruit. I understand how the anorexia side effect may become a problem. Hopefully, on a new dose, things won't be so bad.

Any dietary suggestions are appreciated Thanks!

~Bethany
"Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." - Václav Havel

Dx: 6/08 at 27. 1.8 cm, 0/3 nodes. Triple positive, BRCA negative.Tx: Lumpectomy. Chemo TCH, 35 Rads, Tamox & Zoladex. Currently on Neratinib trial.
Laya6680tx is offline   Reply With Quote