View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #17
Roz

Hi,
I'm not sure where you are in Austalia, I am in Sydney and had my first Herceptin injection (back in Jan 2005) at St Vincent's. They gave it to me over 1 and a half hours, and i had a severe reaction. However, I went back the following week (was only having a weekly dose then) and had the next one over 2 hours. No problem. Went on to have no problems whatsoever with Herceptin for the period of time it worked for me. So don't give up hope, you WILL get this drug to work for you!!
diagnosed June 03. Rt sided Inflammatory BC in rt lower quadrant. 7cm tumour. Also 3 DCIS. 3 rounds of EC, mastectomy with axillary clearance (12 nodes+ of 19). 1 more EC. 5 weeks of rads, with weekly booster to attack skin lymph involvement. 4 cycles of Taxol. Tamoxifen.Recurrence December 04, Herceptin started early Jan05,+ Arimidex.
NED 26 mths. Recurrence early Mar07. Taxol added to Herceptin. NED. Will have total of 6 cycles, then Aromisan and Herceptin. Early Oct 07, recurrence to the pesky right upper lobe, with some pleural thickening upper rt hemithorax. T/X now the treatment. May 2008, Taxatere and Herceptin for lung recurrence
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote