View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
Jean

Welcome!

Dear SusanV,
I had tears for you when I read your post - Everyone on this site can relate
to your fears and heartbreak. I will share with you that unlike you and the many young women who posted, I am a young 55 yr. old. I have a 22 yr. son. When I was dx. I was so worried first of all for my son (he is an only child) and he will be a senior this fall in College. My first thoughts were of my son, as mothers our babies are always our babies. Even though my son is grown I still felt as you...he is just entering manhood and truly needs the fine tuning only a mother can offer. I cried for weeks over my dx. feeling upset that this was supposed to be the best time in my life - I was past the teens and all the worry that goes with raising a teenager. I can share and tell you it doesn't matter what age our children are they will always be our babies and we will always want to be there guiding them through life. You have come to a wonderful beautiful site where you will learn an enormous amount of information and when you need help you will find here it and when you need comfort you will also find much of that here also.
This site helped save my life as far as I am concerned. I will say a special prayer for you during your surgery of Aug. 15th......It is very normal to cry
100 times..I know I did...but it does get better I promise - you will not think so right now because your world has been turned upside down, but soon
you will fight back and WIN! Remember always you are not alone at anytime,
you have found a new family, who are here 24/7.......

God Bless,
Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote