View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #1
ExpectAMiracle

Smile Another TCH newbie

I have been reading lots of posts and posted a few things myself. I'm still a relative newbie to BC, having been diagnosed on 2/8/07. My stats are in my signature. I saw my oncologist for the first time yesterday. I really liked her and feel comfortable with her. I'll be starting TCH on 4/9. Initially she talked about using AC with Herceptin followup, but after some discussions (I was an informed consumer thanks to this board!), she decided that TCH would be best. I have high B/P and am diabetic (well controlled with meds) so she said the TCH rather than AC-H would have less heart risk.

Right now, I am scheduled for 4 TCH treatments, 1 every 3 weeks for 12 weeks. Is that common? I have noticed that many women are getting 6. Is that related to statistics? I would welcome any advice, insights or etc. on TCH therapy.

This board has been so helpful and given me a lot of strength on this journey. The women here are an inspiration. I'm determined to be the VICTOR not the VICTIM in this situation - by the grace of God.

Blessings to all of you!

Determined to be a VICTOR not VICTIM - by the grace of God!
DX 2/8/07 at 48
1.75 cm IDC in left breast, Stage 1
Grade 3, ER-/PR-/HER 3+
Lumpectomy 3/7/07, 5/5 nodes clear, clear margins
Starting TCH on 4/9/07, every 3 weeks X 4 treatments - Completed on 6/12/2007
33 rads to began 7/2/07 and completed on 8/22/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until April '08
ExpectAMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote