View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #39
LeighHa

Re: Remembering jml our Jessica

My name is Leigh Hays and I live in Atlanta. Jessica was my bestie, my sister from another mister. I was sharing Jessica's story with someone and they asked if they could share her story. As i was googling her for links of her story for him, this post came up. It's taken me all of this time since her passing to have any strength to pop in here and say hello.

Most of all, I wanted to share with you all, how much you all and this group meant to Jessica. She was often quiet about you all in terms of details but she would mention bits and pieces and most of all how much you helped and supported her.

Her dog - Polo - came to live with me. He is doing well (snoring as i type this) and will turn 11 yr in March. He visits his favorite places and people still here in Atlanta. My boy - Gus - and Polo had a bromance and he often stayed here while Jessica traveled. And the four of us would often walk the dogs and hang out.

Her family of friends in Atlanta (and across the country) still gather and celebrate her. Jan 4 she would've turned 47 yrs. and we had our potluck lunch just like we did with Jessica. She is still a strong presence for us and a testament to her fierceness and generous spirit that we all still gather together to celebrate her and have a slice of cake. I'm still strongly tied to JML's family. They are well and like everyone - miss her enormously.

Best to you all - Leigh
LeighHa is offline   Reply With Quote