View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Pinay88

Re: Pinay88 - Donna Are you out there

Hi MJO,
I just logged into the site after a long while...I am here! Finished with my AC cycles however my white cells have taken quite a beating after the 4th. I've avoided taking G-CSF all this time and now, I have to give myself the shot prior to taxotere and herceptin. With my cell count down, I feel queazy..like I am going to be downed by flu or get sick but I have not been febrile nor have any other signs of infection. Anyways, I am hoping G-CSF works and my anticipated bone pain will be well worth it. Did you take this shot too? I know what you mean about the red devil...felt uncanny to have something so glaringly red infuse to your insides. My periods of lethargy went for longer with each cycle. But, it is over! yipee! Now, if my cell counts could only manage to be as happy... I think my hair follicles are though... (I had my hair shaved off almost the moment I saw the tufts shedding off on their own...it was truly liberating) ... my hair is slowly growing back. My 6 year old says I have baby hair..it does look like "freshly sprouted" hair on a babe's scalp =)
that's about the update now...bracing myself for G-CSf and TH...praying and hoping that I could wing this combo...
thanks MJO for looking out for me....

Diagnosed at age 38 with IDC (T1, N0, M0)
6/22/2011: Excision biopsy, right breast, 1.9cm tumor,
ER-/PR-/HER2+++, grade 3
7/12/2011: MRM, right; elective mastectomy, left
ALL residual breast tissue and 19/19 lymph nodes NEGATIVE for tumor...yay!!
8/18/2011: port placement, start AC, cycle 1
10/23/2011: end AC cycle 4
12/12/2011: TH cycle 2 done
1/17/2012: Taxotere 3 done, on herceptin holiday due to arrhythmia..

Pinay88 is offline   Reply With Quote