Thread: Hair Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
Jann

Re: Hair Issues

When I lost my hair and had weird-looking wisps of hair waving on the top of my head, I complained to one of my chemo nurses. He informed me that most people undergoing chemo did not go completely (and beautifully) bald but looked more like baby chimpanzees! Well, every time after that when I looked in a mirror I thought of a baby chimp (with a goofy grin...the chimp, I mean, not me) and laughed (maybe me, too, after all)! Because of that I did not shave my head --- I chose to start every day laughing at the mirror, instead!

Also, after chemo my hair grew back just as thick but darker and with a lot more gray. At first it just stuck straight up in the air (another funny sight!) but now it's curving over and will likely be curly when it gets a little longer.

I have a friend who had the same thing happen, except that she's younger and therefore did not have any gray. She loved here new curly hair but says that, sadly, it only stayed that way a year before going back to its original color and straightness!
Jann is offline   Reply With Quote