View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
KymAustralia

Hi Steph,

You're so very right, and I always feel there is so much courage shown on this site thats its very humbling.

Breast cancer is a tough battle.. theres NO doubt of that and its incredibly sad to see some of those who fought this beast so bravely finally succumbing.

I was one of the lucky ones because I was able to get herceptin on trial as a firstline treatment and I am incredibly grateful. In all honesty at this time I have never felt better in my life.

Breast cancer was not all doom and gloom ........ in fact in my case it served as a wake up call and it did have a very positive influence on my life.

Lots of good things occured because of my breast cancer experience. Without this disease I never would have ventured here and met some of the wonderful ladies I did 5 1/2 years ago. Women I will never forget, who touched me with their humor, courage and sharing.

Cancer also forced me to rethink my lifestyle and I completely turned my life around... became fit.. lost a lot of weight and began to appreciate life and live it to the fullest again.... all due to this brush with death.

I return here to pay tribute to those wonderful brave women who paved the way for those like me and in return I hope to give hope and inspiration to those who are newly diagnosed because I know what a terrifying experience it can be.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
Entered BCIRG 006 Trial Jan '03
4 x AC 4 x Taxotere 30 Rads
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
Total hysterectomy (came out of chemopause) March '04
2012 - Still NED
KymAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote