View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #657
RedHen

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I don't know if it's Herceptin or not, but neuropathy, particularly in my right hand is worse. Of course, I have lymphedema in that arm, so that could be a contributing factor. Some of the symptoms mentioned - hot flashes, insomnia etc - were brought on in my case by the addition of Arimidex. I take it orally every day, and my new onc says I'll take it for years - assuming I live that long!

I have moved to E. Tennessee - did I already say that? All new doctors. So far I'm pleased for the most part, but my blood count has gone down and I"m getting an iron infusion with my next Herceptin. The nurse says it won't be what I've been taking for years because the insurance, which in my case is Medicare, will no longer pay for it unless the patient has kidney problems. I'm a bit nervous about starting a new drug, especially since the irons have a reputation of causing problems. I was taking Feraheme with no problems at all; I hate to give it up. If I can't take the new one, I wonder what I'll do.

One of my new doctors ordered an ultra sound of my thyroid and some blood work because of nodules that concerned him. I haven't heard anything, so I guess all was well.

I hope all of you are doing well and looking forward to fall. This will be my first "real" fall with changing leaves. South Louisiana, where I'm from, doesn't have much in the way of fall. It's usually just as hot as summer. But I miss it...

Priors:
Partial colectomy, January 1996
Radical colectomy, March 1996
Crohn's & GERD
Gluten sensitivity
Chronic anemia from GI bleeding
Relapsing polychondritis w/tracheomalacia and neuropathy in feet
Vasculitis
Sjogren's syndrome
Rosacea and ocular rosacea
Hypertension
RedHen is offline   Reply With Quote