View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Paula O

You guys doing anything special this weekend?

Hi,

My two daughters (15 and 13) and I are going on a fun camping trip with about 8 - 10 other families this weekend. My husband and son aren't into camping but us ladies of the family sure are!

Last year I caught the Carpe Diem-"Seize the Day" message from a movie "Courageous" (highly reccomend it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630036/) that spurred me on to stop putting off camping. I loved it as a kid and my girls had wanted to go for years and I kept procrastinating, especially since my husband is not into it and we normally would make something like this a family outing. After I got one of the take-away messages from the movie we three had a perfectly FANTASTIC "Girl's weekend" summer campout and here we go again on another grand adventure this weekend. We are stretching it out--on the way there, we are stopping off for lunch, then the puppy store to snuggle puppies, then shopping. We might get tubing in if it's not too nippy at the Springs. We've got our swim suits packed. I love to go tubing! It's in the low 80s/high 70s this weekend in Florida but the water there can be pretty chilly, especially if we're wet and it's breezy.

Here's my challenge to all of us, me included, to no longer put off fun things that we or our husbands or kids or friends want to do with us, healthy or not as healthy as we'd like! No time like the present--let's seize the day to whatever measure we are physically able to do. Remember dear Courtney's avitar? It was a photo of her "living like she was living", not like she was dying--her photo of her hiking/travelling was inspiring. I know there are times that we are just to sick to do everything we'd like to be doing but we can still make time doing what we find enjoyable, like make time for a hobby, to read a good book, call a friend, etc if a lot of exertion is too much right then. Are you guys putting off anything you can go ahead and plan to do? Maybe book that ticket or mark down the plan on your calender then DO IT!

Anyone else want to share your weekend plans?

Have a great day!

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote